Castle Douglas High School have been working towards the Bronze LGBT Charter. This has included the following:
- Monthly meetings with staff and pupils
- LGBT training for teaching and non-teaching staff has been organised
- We have a noticeboard within the school signposting students to LGBT support groups
- A LGBT History event is to be organised in the near future – details to follow
- A Junior Assembly will be held at the start of Term 4. This will be based on ‘Respect for All’ and led by Mrs Brown and pupils.
- Senior pupils will have lessons in PSE on the same topic.
If you would like more information about LGBT please make use of the website www.lgbtyouth.org.uk
There is also information on our LGBT noticboard located outside the conference room on the ground floor of the main building. Here you will find posters and leaflets that signpost you to advice and support.