Castle Douglas High School have been working towards the Bronze LGBT Charter. This has included the following:
- Monthly meetings with staff and pupils
- LGBT training for teaching and non-teaching staff has been organised
- We have a noticeboard within the school signposting students to LGBT support groups
- A LGBT History event is to be organised in the near future – details to follow
- A Junior Assembly will be held at the start of Term 4. This will be based on ‘Respect for All’ and led by Mrs Brown and pupils.
- Senior pupils will have lessons in PSE on the same topic.