Published on Wednesday 14 May 2014
“The breadth and depth of the curriculum in Castle Douglas High School offers learners the opportunity to fulfil their academic and personal potential, and to develop skills for life relevant to their individual needs.”
This is embodied in our school aims: "Achievement, Unity and Respect for all”.
- To strive continuously to improve the quality of education for all in Castle Douglas High School.
- To become a learning organisation that is outward looking and values creativity and shared reflection.
- To promote partnership working within our community.
- To equip our young people with the skills and knowledge they require in order to allow them to become Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Effective Contributors and Responsible Citizens.
We hope our young people will be:
Successful Learners with
- Enthusiasm and motivation to learn
- Determination to reach high standards
- Realisation to reach their potential
- Openness to new ideas
- Confident Individuals with:
Self respect with
- Secure values and beliefs
Effective Contributors with
- An enterprising attitude
- The ability to meet the demands of our changing world
Responsible citizens with
- Respect for others
- Commitment to participate in school life and the wider community.